The launch consisted of speakers, focus group discussions and cultural performances by various artistes from the ethnic minority communities. In collaboration with the Medway LINk, the network organised a Health Awareness event in March 2009. It was successful in identifying health and mental health issues affecting women from different ethnic backgrounds.
Terms of Reference
The Network is
• The representative body for BAME women in Medway and we give them a voice.
• Promote understanding and raise awareness of the rich diversity of cultures in Medway.
• Initiate, plan and deliver a range of events for BAME women in Medway.
• Engage and participate in the development of strategies and policies for women.
• Support the social and cultural needs of BAME women and to prevent social isolation.
The BME Women’s Network launch was a successful event